SENIOR ASP .NET DEVELOPER (Multiple positions in both Provo, UT and San Francisco, CA)
Ancestry.com is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 16 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our 2.0 million plus subscribers to create nearly 44 million family trees and access the 11 billion records and185 million, scanned documents and written stories to help them make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With more than 1,000 employees around the world, we are committed to hiring the very best talent. We are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and we offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive. We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.com.
As an experienced ASP.NET developer you will help build our next-generation web site where millions of family members connect with each other on a daily basis to share photos, news, recipes and other information. We utilize a state-of-the-art .NET 4.0/MVC/AJAX development environment and need an experienced developer with a solid track record of shipping high-quality consumer web sites and services.
As an experienced developer you have worked on at least one consumer-oriented web site property from inception to delivery, maybe you've even worked in the rapidly growing field of social-networking; you are passionate about meeting real consumers' needs through technology; you enjoy working in a fast-paced, small-office environment where you can share in the excitement of the startup-like spirit; but at the same time, the benefits of a well-funded, well-established and profitable parent company aren't lost on you! You want to work somewhere where you are empowered to deliver new functionality rapidly to consumers; you like to learn about the latest technologies and constantly dream up new ways to apply them in your work.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Deliver complex .NET 4.0 / MVC / C# / ASP.net solutions, including documentation and unit testing.
- Apply technical processes to solve complex problems.
- Develop quality products and deliver them on schedule.
- Work within an Agile development process.
- BA in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience developing consumer-oriented web sites and services
- 3+ years experience with C# and ASP.net MVC
- 2+ years experience with agile development and unit testing methods
- Strong relational database experience including proficiency in SQL, stored procedures and database architecture.
- Must be analytical, adept to problem solving, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills that can deal with diverse types of people from Product Management, Marketing, and Testing groups.
- Self-starter, willing to get involved and do whatever is needed to get the job done
- Understanding of software development process, including object oriented analysis, design, and implementation.
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
Ancestry.com is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry.com via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry.com. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry.com - 18 months ago
Ancestry.com is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history...