Senior Academic Coach
Granite State College is seeking to fill three Senior Academic Coach Positions: one for our West/Central Region and two for our North/East Region.
Reporting to the Regional Campus Director, this full-time salaried position provides campus services to students pursuing academic programs, with responsibilities spanning the functions of admissions and recruiting, financial aid, academic advising, individualized program planning and career planning. Position is also responsible for the supervision and training of academic staff. Some evening availability will be required as courses run at night.
Primary responsibilities include: Supervision and training of academic coaches, academic advising, recruitment, outreach, student success coaching, retention of adult students, and evaluation of transcripts and prior learning. Financial aid counseling and career advising are also components of this position.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the director supervisor for campus academic coaches. Responsible for day to day supervision as well as onboarding of new staff and ongoing training sessions. Liaison with Academic Affairs to establish routine training opportunities.
- Serve as initial contact for interested students with responsibility for recruiting new students into degree programs; preliminary evaluation of transfer credits; pre-admissions skill testing; initial program planning; preparing necessary paperwork for admission.
- Responsible for advising students enrolled in academic programs on appropriate academic courses for each term, providing career development life planning activities, supplying special assistance to “at-risk” students, and monitoring the academic progress of all assigned students.
- Plan, organize, and direct recruiting activities related to incoming students, including visiting secondary schools, community colleges, community events and workplace resource fairs.
- Provide individualized curriculum design by assisting students with preliminary phases of contract learning and self-design proposal formulation.
- Assist in financial aid advising for new students, processing financial aid paperwork, following up/monitoring award disbursement, and seeking new sources of funding for students not qualified to seek traditional sources of aid.
- Assist students with disabilities and work with faculty in the implementation of approved accommodations.
- Assist faculty in resolving difficulties with students, and provide them with appropriate information about academic expectations/policies as needed.
- Responsible for public relations activities through appropriate information/orientation sessions, on-site business recruiting, newsletters, and representing the college at various functions and special events.
- Enrich the learning community of our students through creation of peer mentorship, service learning and other project-based programming.
- P erform group instruction to students to develop self-directed learners capable of academic success in both classroom and online settings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in education or related field and two years of experience, preferably in higher education. Preference will be given to candidates whose experience includes academic advising and one or more of the following: working with adult students in a continuing education or non-traditional higher education setting, planning and implementing a recruitment plan, experience with student information systems, strong communications skills, and Microsoft Office skills.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive USNH benefits package including health, dental, retirement and tuition reimbursement.
Please send cover letter, resume and the names/contact information for at least 3 references to : Tara.Torrey@granite.edu
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
GSC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls, please.
Granite State College - 20 months ago