Supports faculty and students in the School of Architecture. Serves as front line resource to students regarding policy, registration, curriculum requirements and resources. Responsible for scheduling classes (day, time), rooms, updating course descriptions, prepare and update academic audits for Architecture majors/minors, check prerequisites courses in S3 before registration, check enrollments, assist in updating Undergrad course catalog yearly. Prepare change of grade, missing grade forms, academic action letters and certifies undergraduates. Assists with Admissions, Study Abroad Program, Pre-College, and Commencement & Diploma ceremonies. Refers students to appropriate Advisors and Counselors. Coordinates with other college or central staff student service departments.
- Education: Associate's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience: Two or more years office/administrative support experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn and effectively apply academic policies, processes, regulations, curriculum requirements, and associated databases and systems
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and related software.
- Physical Mobility: Primarily sedentary; able to travel to other campus locations; may require some bending, stretching, pushing as well as lifting of several reams of paper, etc.
- Environmental Conditions: Normal office setting; close contact with computer monitor for long periods of time.
- Mental: Ability to pay close attention to detail, remain calm during difficult situations, work under pressure and work with frequent interruptions. Must meet inflexible deadlines set by University Enrollment Services.
- Other: Weekend and evening hours may be required.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience: Five or more years office experience including experience within in academic environment.
- Skills: Knowledge of Carnegie Mellon University student systems, i.e. Student Data Warehouse and S3.
Regular Full Time
Minimum Education Level
Associate's Degree or equivalent
Carnegie Mellon University - 12 months ago
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...