O v erview
We are seeking a high-energy, driven Sr. Account Executive with experience selling into the investment banking, accounting and alternative investments community, solid business-to-business sales and account management experience. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage a successful sales career and represent a company with proven technology and strong brand awareness. The role provides an entry-level path into team management. Join IntraLinks as we continue to expand our market share as the leading enterprise-grade collaboration and virtual data room provider.
The Sr. Account Executive is responsible for a small national team of Account Executives, selling virtual data room services for M&A purposes to all levels in the investment banking, private equity and advisory services communities. This is a fast paced team with a high volume of transactional business at established accounts where we hold a number one market share position. IntraLinks is utilized as a cloud content management tool in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, capital raises, corporate restructuring, and other strategic transactions. Given the importance of penetrating the top-tier accounts, this individual will be assigned to a select number of prospects and existing clients with the purpose of growing and expanding revenue, qualification and closing of all revenue opportunities, and ensuring our platform is the preferred provider of data room services in all assigned accounts.
The successful candidate will have existing relationships in the target market and a track record of over 5 years of success against a personal quota.
A b out the Team
The Advisory organization builds relationships and business in the high-growth SaaS space with investment bankers, corporate attorneys, private equity, and corporate development executives (M&A). IntraLinks is a sales driven organization that provides the tools, training, and internal support for success.
Develop a thorough understanding of IntraLinks’ offerings
Research key accounts to assess business opportunities
Identify and establish relationships with key decision-makers at advisory accounts (Investment Bankers, Private Equity etc.).
Develop sales strategy and account plans to gain greater market share with advisory accounts; drive standardization of our platform across the banks.
- Day-to-day sales activity in assigned accounts to include: expectation to be in front of clients and prospects on a daily basis; monitoring and follow up on all current deals, facilitation of introductions to new prospective clients and industry groups, management of the contract and approval process on new deals; assist training of new users within our client base; positioning of our platform as a preferred provider of data room services; coordination of sell-through opportunities with direct sales representatives as appropriate; ensure IT and Business Management support contacts are debriefed and educated on new release functionality.
- Maintain strong sales pipeline and forecast. Manage all information in our CRM system related to the account(s). This includes clients contacts, clients feedback etc.
- Meet agreed performance targets in both client activity (meetings/demos…) and quota achievement.
- Create references and satisfied customers.
- Facilitate communication and provide competitive intelligence to Product Marketing
- Maintain strong & accurate sales pipeline for the assigned territory (including his own pipeline and for each individual team member)
- Cross-territory Situations – represent assigned territory and coordinate with other territory owners (or other regions) with company interests as highest priority. E.g. platform discussions, different client procurement situations.
- Setting team priorities and objectives (including territory mapping, organization of account allocation & planning for the team); to mentor and coach the team members
- Working with VP Sales and Marketing team to explore opportunities on lead generation, activity outcome etc. To engage various function (e.g. Sales Engineering, Client Services) to drive sales
- Conduct weekly / regular team meetings and using salesforce.com effectively
- Manage team T&E (with budgeting and spending control)
Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required.
Proven ability to manage a high transactional book of business, with a dual focus of establishing contractual agreements leveraged across an organization.
5+ years of quota carrying and account management experience in the business services, software or technology space.
Proven success of selling a business solution into the investment banking, alternative investment and advisory, preferably a SaaS product or subscription based business services.
CRM experience, preferably SalesForce.
Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
Track record of over-achieving quota in past sales positions.
Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of contacts within our clients; developing and maintaining relationships from Analysts to Managing Directors
Prior experience of managing a technology product through a client’s security and compliance assessments
Ability to influence technical teams and internal departments to ensure customer success
Pipeline & forecast management (accuracy, updated)
IntraLinks, Inc - 15 months ago
IntraLinks offers its clients inside connections. The company provides hosted software used by businesses to create secure, collaborative...