The Enterprise Division manages the largest and most dynamic clients at athenahealth. These clients often have multiple c-suites in geographically dispersed locations. Enterprise clients are growing through acquisition and/or consolidation strategies. These clients are usually leading change in the industry and are considered thought leaders.
These characteristics represent considerable challenges, requiring seasoned professionals who can manage through the politics and complexity of these organizations. The Senior Manager leads client development for our largest clients, often with $6M-$14M revenue under management and targets to achieve growth within the assigned customer base.
The Senior Manager is responsible for building effective relationships with athenahealth clients that result in high-levels of client satisfaction and retention. The Senior Manager acts in a consultative manner across an assigned book-of-business to ensure clients optimize financial and clinical performance using AthenaNet products and services.
The Senior Manager can begin involvement with their client during the sales and implementation process and is responsible for the development and maintenance of the client relationship plan.
The Senior Manager coordinates all aspects of client interaction, develops meeting agendas and leads meetings involving athena operations, sales and support personnel. The individual is responsible for insuring that client contract terms are met. The Senior Manager serves as the day-to-day contact for the account.
The Senior Manager has regularly scheduled meetings with their respective clients and typically attends these meetings at the client site on a monthly basis. The individual has access to Performance Analysis Team for AR troubleshooting and dedicated support staff within athenaCare for optimizing Clinicals performance.
The Senior Manager is a highly-skilled professional with a depth of industry experience. The individual is an integral member of the client development team and, as such, acts in a collaborative manner to drive the successful attainment of individual and team goals.
The Senior Manager may report to a Vice President or Director of Client Development.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Perform direct account service responsibilities for athena clients in accordance with the applicable segment's service model;
- Develop and maintain relationship with key client contacts that fosters an environment to drive client performance and minimize attrition risk;
- Perform periodic review of client’s use of athenahealth and advise on ways to improve performance (e.g., PPR);
- Establish and facilitate regularly scheduled meetings with assigned clients to discuss key success metrics and athena campaigns;
- Work to resolve time sensitive and client essential issues that arise on a day-to-day basis coordinating internal and an external resources as necessary;
- Develop and maintain an understanding of best practices and athena’s POV to use in coaching our clients to success;
- Help achieve department scorecard goals including client satisfaction, revenue and performance metrics;
- Prepare required department reports and documentation including Monthly Account Management Reports, Relationship Plans, Client Day Account Review Plans, Executive Briefing Documents and Visit Summaries.
- Manage client-facing account services projects while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction including independently developing, managing and owning overall project plan and timelines for key deliverables;
- Work with the Vice Presidents and Directors in Client Operations, Sales, Consulting, Professional Services, Customer Services, Operations & Product Development, Process Innovation, and Custom Reporting to continually deliver client satisfaction with athenahealth’s products and services;
- Advocate for client recommended product and service enhancements to athenahealth Product Enhancement Board;
- Understand and ensure ongoing adherence to clients' contract terms;
- Maintain an understanding and ability to discuss healthcare industry changes;
- Create and identify X-sell/up sell opportunities for athena products & services; work w/Sales to track operations and help facilitate &/or guide the sales process per assigned quota;
- Enforce company's policies and procedures as articulated in the Policy Manual, Compliance Plan and any other departmental policy documents;
- Demonstrate commitment to athena’s Corporate Compliance Code; including escalation of all compliance issues through the chain of command and to the company's Compliance Officer and/or General Counsel;
- Other duties as assigned including the management of internal projects
The ideal Director candidate has the following background and experience:
- BS & Advance Degree Strongly Preferred
- 12 Years Minimum Professional Experience
- 3 – 5 Years of Working Knowledge of Revenue Cycle, Commercial Insurance / Managed Care, and/or exposure to EMR in a Sales, Services or Implementation Capacity
- A Demonstrated History of Accomplishment in a Leadership Capacity or Successful Change Management. This could be achieved in a top-tier consulting firm or having implemented change in a physician practice environment
- 3 – 5 Years of Specific Experience in Account Management or a Customer Service Capacity
- 3 – 5 Years of Specific Experience in Direct Sales, Sales Engineering or a Demonstrated Ability to Influence Decisions
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Some travel (20 – 25%) may be required
athenahealth, Inc. - 20 months ago
athenahealth knows that managing physician practices can result in a splitting headache, especially when patients are late paying bills or...