The senior accountant position is CONSOL Energy's entry level position for the financial accounting function within the
controller's department. The senior accountant functions as a team member of a larger group of senior financial accountants
whose function is to meet the internal and external financial reporting needs of CONSOL Energy
The senior accountant position has various accounting and reporting responsibilities, which include but are not limited to, the
discussion and analysis and various other schedules used in the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings.
- Preparing, reviewing and completing monthly journal entries.
- Preparing and reviewing estimate to actual variance analysis to ensure accuracy of financial information.
- Preparing and reviewing internal financial statements and various supporting schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of external financial statements, footnotes, schedules to aid in the preparation of management
- Assist in the review of SEC filings.
- Assist in the completion of monthly account reconciliations
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
Certified Public Accountant license highly preferred
Minimum of two years progressive financial accounting experience required.
Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.