Change.org is the world's largest petition platform, empowering people everywhere to create the change they want to see. A certified B corporation, Change.org is the world’s fastest growing online platform for social change, with more than 50 million Change.org users in 196 countries.
Change.org is seeking a proven and collaborative Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable. You’ll manage the Accounts Payable functions, directly support the Accounting Manager / Controller with month end close activities, and support the Director of Finance / CFO with accurate US and consolidated financial reporting.
Every day people use our tools to transform their communities – locally, nationally and globally. Whether it's a mother fighting bullying in her daughter's school, customers pressing banks to drop unfair fees, or citizens holding corrupt officials to account, thousands of campaigns have won on Change.org – and more are winning every day.
Change.org is committed to diversity: our team comes from a range of backgrounds and experiences, and we actively work with petition creators from every corner of America, with different beliefs, values, economic backgrounds, education levels, and ethnicities. Candidates for this position should share this commitment.
As a Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable, here’s some of the work you’ll do:
Here’s a little bit more about skills and qualities we’re looking for:
- Own all Accounts Payable functions including invoice payments and expense reports
- Manage internal company credit card programs
- Support the monthly close process including hands on journal entries as needed
- Support the annual audit and work with the external audit team as needed
- Help reconcile bank cash balances
- Help reconcile deferred revenue, revenue, and unbilled
- Train incoming staff on internal expense reporting systems
- Assist with special projects including expense analysis, year end close, tax and statutory filings
Our work environment is exceptionally fast-paced, collaborative, and supportive. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego, and have a deep respect for our members. We expect you to be the same.
- BS/BA in accounting a plus
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- 2+ years experience supporting accounts payable functions
- Excel skills a must
- Recent experience with a mid-tier accounting systems a plus
- Exposure to Netsuite, Salesforce.com, Adaptive Planning, Bill.com, Expensify (or Concur) is highly desirable
- Eye for detail, accuracy is imperative
- Must be able to work “hands on”
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
Compensation is competitive, and our organizational culture is results oriented -- it's not about the hours you put in. We are proactive in facilitating work/life balance through vacation, sick, and family time and in respecting boundaries. B Lab recently named Change.org one of the best places to work in 2013.
Applicants must be based in San Francisco. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Change.org - 8 months ago