This position reports to the CERT Financial Analyst (FA) and is responsible for providing financial and administrative support in the financial management of these programs with annual funding of ~$91M. The duties include: prepare budgets and financial planning; develop, formulate, and maintain financial summary, trends and variance reports; collect, organize, and in-load budget data; perform budget and forecast analysis; handle monthly account reconciliation; determine accounting errors and process and track payroll redistributions and journal entries; review purchase and travel requests to ensure that sufficient funds are available and appropriate; assist in the development and improvement of financial reporting processes; support collection, interpretation, and production of CERT monthly Project Management (PM) financial snapshots and financial model charts. Assist with Quarterly Financial Reviews, Internal Reviews, and Project Management Review.
- Education: The qualified candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree as well as familiarity with databases (i.e. Oracle or Hyperion) and word processing packages (i.e. Microsoft Word), and spreadsheets (i.e. Microsoft Excel).
- Licenses: None.
- Experience: The qualified candidate must have a minimum of two to four (2-4) years of accounting or financial analysis experience working in a budget or financial planning office (preferably in a fast-paced technical environment that includes interactions with internal and external customers) and working knowledge of financial reporting methods, budgets, and financial practices and procedures. The candidate should have a skilled, in-depth usage of spreadsheets (Excel), databases and word processing packages. The candidate should have working knowledge of the OMB Circulars.
- Skills: The qualified candidate must have strong analytical, reasoning and problem solving abilities; be able to maintain and understand complex spreadsheets and accept responsibilities for accuracy; have the ability to pay close attention to detail while meeting tight deadlines; be a self-starter and work independently to prioritize responsibilities to meet the goals and objectives of the financial services team as well as provide information to help CERT staff meet their goals. Additionally, the candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills for presenting and discussing reports with staff of all levels. The qualified candidate must be able to:
•Work closely with all levels of personnel including senior management inside and outside of the SEI
•Enhance communication flow regarding financial matters throughout the institute
•Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as efficient organizational skills
•Work independently and on teams
•Perform complex mathematic and accounting processes
•Willingly take on new tasks and assume responsibility
•Streamline processes and suggest ways to make the job more efficient The qualified candidate must also be skilled in:
•Maintaining interpersonal relationships and communication
•Having strong organizational, analytical, reasoning, and problem solving skills
•Prioritizing work and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
•Use of databases, spreadsheets (i.e Microsoft Excel) , and word processing packages
- Physical Mobility: The candidate must be able to work in a normal sedentary position with some mobility (e.g. accessing internal SEI offices).
- Environmental Conditions: The candidate must be able to work in a normal office setting in close contact with a CRT.
- Mental: The qualified candidate must have the ability to meet deadlines, handle confidential data, deal with multiple projects, remain calm when dealing with difficult individuals or situations, and work under pressure with frequent interruptions, while maintaining the ability to focus on detail and produce high-quality accurate information.
- Other: The candidate must be able to work outside of normal business hours due to workload fluctuation.
- Education: The preferred candidate will have a Master’s degree or combination of training and experience as well as:
•Familiarity with databases (i.e. Oracle or Hyperion) and word processing packages (i.e. Microsoft Word), and spreadsheets (i.e. Microsoft Excel).
•Working knowledge of SEI financial reporting methods, budgeting, and financial practices and procedure
•Familiarity with CMU financial accounting policies and procedures
•Familiarity with OBM Circulars
- Licenses: Able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Experience: The preferred candidate should have experience and understanding of Carnegie Mellon and SEI financial policies and practices.
- Skills: Oracle and/or Hyperion planning tools.
Regular Full Time
SEI FINANCIAL & BUSINESS SERVICES
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Preferred Education Level
Master's Degree or equivalent
Carnegie Mellon University - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...