This position reports to the Accounting Supervisor. This position will be based in Boca Raton, Florida.
This position is responsible for supporting the accounting operations in support of Tyco's Fire Protection Products business unit. This includes responsibility for, but not limited to, day-to-day general accounting, participating and/or leading process improvement initiatives, judgments with regard to the application of accounting principles and policies, financial reporting, and external/internal audit coordination.
This position will also be a key contributor refining various post Center of Excellence transformation aspects, with an emphasis on improving the monthly closing process, the monthly account reconciliation process, and the work streams supporting these activities. Additionally, position will focus on driving efficiencies, training staff, and leveraging best practices across North America.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for monthly close process of several accounts on various ledgers
· Timely and accurate reconciliation of general ledger accounts within Tyco guidelines.
· Eliminate monthly close inefficiencies to reduce process time.
· Supporting specific areas of responsibilities relating to the monthly close process, including financial analysis and preparation of various month-end deliverables.
· Supporting the preparation of financial reporting packages for internal use, executive management, and field organization
· Support any ad hoc activities, special projects, and reporting requirements.
· Account reconciliation and journal entry preparation and/or review.
· Interface with corporate functions, district offices, internal and external customers, and other accounting teams to ensure a timely close with accurate results.
· Review and maintenance of supporting documentation of SOX controls for selected areas.
· Establish relationship with customers with emphasis on creating environment where Center of Excellence is looked to as resource for accounting guidance and a business partner.
This Senior Accountant must demonstrate ability in the following areas:
Accountability & Drive for Results - Strong customer focus and collaborative skills.
Change Agent - Ability and readiness to embrace and successfully drive/implement change.
Functional/technical skills- Broad knowledge of professional discipline applied to a variety of situations.
Process Optimization Focused - Identify, define, and develop solutions to issues that are not immediately evident in existing processes and software.
Team player; comfort in operating within a dynamic, complex organizational structure.
Bachelor's degree in accounting,
finance or other business related field
CPA Certification Preferred
· 5-7years experience in accounting.
· The candidate must demonstrate ability to identify and implement process improvements, be a self-starter, and effectively interact and communicate across multiple organizations/functions.
· The candidate should be comfortable dealing with complex accounting matters and demonstrate competency in US GAAP, current accounting regulations and internal controls.
· The candidate must have strong communication (oral and written) and relationship building skills.
· Experience with Oracle ERP ledger systems is preferred.
· Experience with Essbase and HFM is preferred.
· Experience with Blackline software is preferred.
Chief Financial Officer
United States-Florida-Boca Raton
Sep 3, 2013
Tyco - 10 months ago
We have a passion to protect what matters most.
We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing vital...