Community Education Centers (CEC) is a leading provider in the field of residential and outpatient community corrections programs. Working in over 100 locations across the U.S., we provide a foundation of support to change addictive and criminal behaviors and effectively prepare our residents for community reintegration. With innovative methods that encompass assessment, drug and alcohol education, and education services for juvenile and adult populations, we are redefining effective means to reduce recidivism.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to work in our regional office, located in New Brighton, Pennsylvania.
As Senior Accountant , you will report to the Regional Finance Director and support business managers at multiple sites across the region. Some travel may be required. You will assist in the month end closing process, preparation of monthly Financial Reports and other special projects. You will be responsible for:
Preparation and posting of monthly closing and various general ledger journal entries
Preparation and posting of monthly accruals
Oversight and preparation of multiple monthly bank reconciliations
Reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts
Coordination and preparation of monthly billing for various government contracts.
Receivables management and collections
Assist with annual budget process
Assist with preparation of financial models and budgets for business proposals
Analyze financial performance and spending Other special projects as required
The qualified candidate will possess:
We offer unlimited potential for career growth, an outstanding salary, and extraordinary benefits including medical, dental and 401(K).
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years proven experience in general ledger accounting
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Must have strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Software.
- Experience with Great Plains Accounting Software helpful
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- High level verbal/written communication skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Corrections industry experience a plus. - Experience with third party and medical assistance billing helpful
To apply please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.