Additional Job Information
Title: Senior Accountant 3
City, State: Indianapolis,IN
Location: AH Ministry Service Center
Department: MSC General Accounting
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center serves our clients, delivers value and enables new possibilities for our health ministries throughout the US. Join us and you’ll find an organization with a higher mission.
We respond to an ever-changing workplace by building a community of associates that are flexible, creative and innovative. We reward them with respect and recognition. We seek balance in our work and in our lives, and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Every associate at Ascension Health is unique and comes to us with different needs. We strive to have the programs in place that meet those needs.
The Senior Accountant 3 reviews, reconciles, approves, and analyzes staff reconciliations. The Senior Accountant 3 prepares complex reconciliations and analyzes significant variances having a material impact on accounts contained in financial statements. In addition, the Senior Accountant 3 also develops thorough communications supporting information obtained from reconditions completed. The Senior Accountant 3 will also act as a subject matter expert and support other staff questions and clients in understanding the process.
Education & Experience:
- Performs reviews and approves account reconciliations.
- Coaches and develops team members on processes and provides timely feedback on work reviewed.
- Assists or completes material balance sheet account reconciliations as required
- Identifies and develops continuous improvement opportunities.
- Reviews, analyzes, and approves proposed complex and significant journal entries to determine impact on material balance sheet accounts and any related income statement impact.
- Performs detailed account analysis on complex balance sheet account variances.
- Proactively maintains trend analysis, documents results, identifies corrective actions, and communicates information to leadership monthly.
- Reviews and approves audit and tax work papers.
- Plans and organizes work so the departmental objectives are consistently achieved.
- Ensures all work is performed in accordance with established service targets and timelines and identify corrective actions required to quickly resolve any out of compliance service targets.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge and understanding of accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Performs responsibilities in full compliance with standards, policies and procedures and ensures staff performs duties in compliance with standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains positive work relationships and communicates effectively with members of other teams in the Ministry Service Center to ensure compliance with cross-team responsibilities and facilitates staff in developing these relationships.
- Serves as incident coordinator through effective communication with Ministry Service Center customers at the health ministry’s’ receiving services.
- Serves as the primary lead on all deployments and assists with on-boarding process by training new customers at the health ministries on processes and workflow with the Ministry Serve Center.
- Researches and responds timely to client inquiries and requests or conduct meetings with the health ministries on recurring issues to develop a correction plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of related experience required
- Experience in shared services/internal service delivery role highly desired
- Experience working with ERP Finance module within PeopleSoft preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office to develop complex Excel spreadsheets or using Access to perform analysis preferred; use of Word and PowerPoint to effectively communicate with peers, customers, and leadership.
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center Team, please apply by completing an online application.
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.
A Member of Ascension Health - 8 months ago
- 2 days ago
- 3 days ago
Myers and Stauffer LC
Myers and Stauffer LC
- 6 days ago