Senior Accountant, Facilities (Job Number: 013075) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Join our Accounting Team and make an impact at Walgreens!
We offer an exciting Senior Accountant opportunity in strategic partnership and support of our Facilities division. As Accounting Professionals, we drive results by providing guidance and expertise necessary to enable sound decision-making practices while striving to optimize profit and aggressive growth.
Come and advance your career at Walgreens and be a part of a customer-focused, growing Fortune 50 company. You will be surrounded by industry-leading talent while working in an organization that values innovation, quality and evidence-based decision making.
As a Senior Accountant in this role, you will be in support of our Facilities division and will help impact important decisions within our Community Management Operation and vendor relationships across facility maintenance channels. The preferred candidate will have professional experience providing business-unit accounting support within a large corporate setting. Desired experience includes analysis of accounting statements and financial reports while auditing third-party transactions for compliance and accuracy.
Responsible for providing advanced accounting skills including accounting and analysis of inventory reconciliation as it relates to all business units across Walgreens. Supports and manages escalated accounting matters as they relate to the assigned accounting area.
- Monitors the day-to-day activities of assigned Walgreens area’s processes. Ensures profitability measures are met and maintained. Monitors accounting requirements pursuant to contracts with third party payers, government or other programs.
- Audits transactions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local governments, third party contracts, company policy, and general accounting practices. Verifies third party audit requests are in compliance with government regulations and contract terms and reviews third party audit findings. Addresses issues / claims and corrects error root-causes and implements remedial projects.
- Prepares and analyzes various accounting statements, including financial reports and records
- Reviews and verifies journal entries for accuracy and approves changes.
- Acts as the first point of contact for escalation issues regarding their assigned accounting area.
- Develops procedures for new processes and assists in the transition. Recommends changes or enhancements to ensure “best practice” policies and procedures to gain synergies across all lines of business units. Reviews and advises appropriate areas of accounting related contract matters.
- Supports Manager in the formulation of new strategies and ventures relating to assigned accounting area. Recommends process improvements and action plans.
- Trains new accountants: may evaluate skills and comprehension related to training and responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance and at least 4 years of general accounting experience.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, federal, state, and local regulations (at least 4 years).
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience developing process documentation/user manuals.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
Walgreens - 9 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...