1. Pivotal role in the monthly close process, including overall accountability for driving the close process and preparation and review of various financial areas, such as accruals, cash, investment, fixed assets and equity.
2. Lead the 10Q and 10K preparation process. Responsibilities include coordination with various parties, preparation of the financial statements, footnotes and other required financial disclosures, preparation of disclosure checklists, and ongoing responsibility for XBRL filings.
3. Project manage 404 compliance; responsibilities include preparation of risk assessments, maintaining cycle and risk evaluation documentation and coordination with internal and external resources to meet compliance requirements. Provide 404 status updates and current developments to management and Audit Committee.
4. Liaise with the external auditors for timely quarterly reviews, integrated year-end audits and maintain continuous communication and effective working relationships.
5. Responsible for documentation of clear, well-researched accounting position papers, for complex accounting areas, such as revenue recognition, stock based compensation, equity modifications, income taxes, etc.
6. Manage process of gathering and compiling information required for the preparation of tax provision, tax returns and other tax projects.
7. Perform other duties and projects as assigned .
Qualifications and Other Required Knowledge and Skills:
1. Candidates must have a Bachelors degree in finance/accounting and four to six years of related professional accounting experience.
2. Combination of hands-on industry and big four public accounting experience strongly preferred.
3. CPA required.
4. SEC experience required
5. Solid understanding of GAAP.
6. Sarbanes-Oxley experience preferred.
7. Must be strong in Microsoft Excel.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision required.
10. Biotech experience is a plus.
ClearStone Inc - 17 months ago