A Senior Accountant in the financial reporting group is involved in preparing, reviewing and analyzing monthly and quarterly financial statements for the AIG Life and Retirement statutory companies or Lines of Business on a statutory basis of accounting. Responsibilities for this position include reporting by legal entity and line of business as well as regulatory filings, NAIC financial statement filings and management reporting.
Additional responsibilities will include:
This individual will need to be able to operate in an extremely fast paced, complex accounting environment.
- Enhance and strengthen statutory analytics and understanding of LOB drivers and results on an actual basis compared to prior periods, and sufficiently explain the results to management.
- Interact and communicate across all staffing levels, sometimes technical data, succinctly and accurately.
- Compilation and delivery of quarterly management packages and quarterly business review reports.
- Leverage internal reporting systems to improve the methods by which analytics are completed.
Organization Reporting & Structure
This position reports to the Manager of Statutory Financial Reporting. This position works closely with Actuarial, Other Finance areas, Investment Accounting, Internal Audit and external auditors. In addition, this position works with business contacts across the organization to ensure revenues and expenses are appropriately recorded in accordance with statutory guidelines and company and industry standards.
Below are the critical performance objectives for success in this role:
- Ability to record and analyze financial results and explain to team and management.
- Ability to review and understand key performance metrics for all annuity and life insurance products, as well as have a basic understanding of the insurance industry as a whole through past experience.
- Adherence to robust internal controls, including building new controls due to process changes or other circumstances.
- Ability to work with the actuarial and investment departments to understand various, important concepts that are unique to the insurance industry.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Analytical and practical problem solving skills with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer-centric and front-line staff perspective.
- Proven technical skills and positive attitude with the willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with all levels of staff and management, on and off-site.
- Ability to multi task with a variety of systems and processes.
- Preference given for an understanding of insurance accounting and reporting.
- Financial systems knowledge preferred including but not limited to SAP, BPC and TCP annual statement software.
- Demonstrated record of consistent strong performance.
- Knowledge of life insurance and annuity products is a plus
- Life insurance annual statement preparation experience a plus.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube : www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter : @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn : www.linkedin.com/company/aig
AIG - 16 months ago
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...