The Finance group at AppNexus attracts people with solid finance, accounting, engineering, or mathematical backgrounds as a result of the collegial atmosphere stemming from a diverse and passionate team dealing with many intellectual challenges. It supports an extremely fast-paced growing pre-IPO technology company which is at the forefront of digital advertising and cloud computing. You’ll be interacting with many aspects of the company including Sales, Operations, R&D, HR, and Legal, as well as management at all levels. The Finance group’s responsibilities continue to grow exponentially due to the rapid growth of the business, allowing significant opportunities for its members. It measures and reports the drivers for revenue and cost, compiles, journalizes and reports on the Company’s financial statements, devises the firm’s tax strategy, designs its capital structure, manages treasury and foreign exchange transactions, conducts financial planning and analysis through advanced use of statistical and data-mining techniques, evaluates mergers and acquisitions, and assists with a variety of other special projects as needed by the business.
Why is AppNexus a great place to work? Because there’s no better tech startup to be around passionate, brilliant people and experienced entrepreneurs focused on empowering and engaging their people and creating a remarkable work environment. At AppNexus all employees are partners of the Company’s success and their opinions and suggestions are highly valued. We're looking for a talented, intellectually curious, ambitious, team-player who has the tenacity to deliver results and takes initiative to join our Finance Team as a Senior Accountant.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Accounting Manager and Controller in compiling, journalizing & consolidating the F/S of the Company
- Compile, consolidate and report on subsidiary financial statements
- Support the implementation of a new ERP system
- Improve departmental processes and procedures to expedite our close process
- Book, record and review foreign currency transactions and translations
- Prepare bank and intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare journal entry support and documentation and book journal entries
- Build excellent relationships with other departments at AppNexus
- Support the reporting team in future financial reporting requirements
- Support the Accounting Manager and Controller with various ad hoc projects and analysis.
- BS / BA Degree in Accounting / Finance
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized team player
- Multitasking skills to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Proficiency with MS Office, mainly Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, (Microsoft AX or Infor experience a plus)
- Experience in the Technology and/or Marketing Industry is a plus, especially Ad Tech
- A minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience is strongly preferred
AppNexus - 20 months ago
AppNexus is a world-class ad technology company, and one of the hottest young companies in New York City (Silicon Alley Insider, amNY). Our...