DEPARTMENT: Finance/Accounting FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
POSITION NARRATIVE: This position is responsible for assisting in determining financial objectives; organizing and maintaining financial accounting systems, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, financial statements, budgets and projections.
- Facilitate the general ledger month-end close process and presentation of the balance sheet and income statement results and analysis.
- Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries and reconciliations for month-end closing in order to close books in a timely manner.
- Responsible for analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and reporting on variances.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling expense accounts.
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Management of the fixed asset process, policy, and procedure.
- Assists in the development of department objectives including short and long range accounting programs in budgeting, profit analysis, accounting systems, and internal controls.
- Manages financial accounting functions to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Review of the financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows; and analysis of variances from budgets and projections.
- Interacts with auditors regarding accounting functions.
- Assists in development of and monitoring of internal financial controls.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of essential functions for the job described, but rather a general description of some of the responsibilities necessary to carry out the duties of this position.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Skills: Skill in analyzing financial data and preparing appropriate, concise and relevant reports. Exercise good judgment, initiative, problem solving and decision-making. Analysis and interpretation of complex data. Ability to work independently to meet assigned deadlines. Detail oriented.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of finance and accounting functions, including budgeting, credit, investments and internal controls. Strong understanding of accounting theory. Knowledge of computer systems, spreadsheet and financial systems programs and applications. Knowledge of management practices to lead assigned staff. Knowledge of strategic business objectives and employee performance objectives.
- Abilities: Ability to create a collaborative and collegial business atmosphere that encourages motivation, innovation, and high performance. Delegate responsibilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, set priorities, and remain calm in urgent situations.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and five years experience required; healthcare experience preferred. Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred. Proficient to advanced computer knowledge with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Accounting software required. Great Plains experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, twist, bend, reach and grasp. The employee must frequently sit, lift up to 10lbs and use hand/wrist deviation/repetitions and manual dexterity. Specific vision required by the job includes close eye work and normal color discrimination.
This position works in a well-lit, air-conditioned, private office with moderate noise level. This position is not exposed to hazardous materials, radiation or weather conditions.
Arch Health Partners is a smoke free workplace. Smoking is not permitted at any AHP office or location.