Our Windsor Air motive team is seeking a dynamic Accounting professional to join its team. The Sr. Accountant will play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives for profitable, sustainable growth. The right candidate should have a proven track record of leadership and building collaborative teams, to bring about results in a Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul environment. If you are a high-energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your name and background for further consideration |
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Supervise origination and maintenance of general ledger, general journal, standard journal and all subsidiary ledgers required to properly record financial transactions and maintain accounting records ensuring compliance to SOX.
- Assist Division Controller with all financial aspects, including monthly reports, control of costs, safeguard of assets, month-end closing and reporting requirements ensuring all deadlines are met, etc.
- Responsible for the development and monthly monitoring of controllable expense analyses to help drive cost reduction.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory accounting. Works with operation to optimize inventory levels.
- Support annual physical inventory and cycle counting requirements.
- Coordinate monthly account reconciliation process.
- Responsible for the accounting of Property, Plant, Equipment and Tooling.
- Assist with SOX 404 audits by Internal and External auditors, as well as Corporate Finance.
- Coordinate the review and processing of accounts payable disbursements through the Shared Services group.
- Interact with Controller and Division Management to implement continuous improvement opportunities that will increase production efficiencies and reduce cost.
- Assist with maintaining adequate financial controls.
- Maintain standard cost system.
- Assist in the preparation of annual profit plans.
- Ensure all job responsibilities are performed in accordance with current corporate accounting policies.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Three years of related experience in manufacturing environment, preferably in overhaul and repair operations.
- Impeccable integrity; excellent working knowledge of US GAAP and working in a SOX environment.
- Analytical approach and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Negligible travel.
- 12 months ago - save job