Borrego Solar Systems, Inc seeks a Senior Accountant to join our team in San Diego, CA.
The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate and maintain the company’s work in progress schedule associated with the construction projects the company embarks on and Accounts Receivable/invoices. This person is dedicated to assist the Controller in ensuring the integrity and processing of the billings, collections, maintenance of the accounts receivable ledgers, reconciling the respective general ledger balances to ensure the company’s Work-In-Progress (WIP) schedule and financial statements are accurate, ensuring the integrity of the budgeted costs and job cost ledgers and reconciling the respective WIP schedule at month end. This accounting is based on the Percentage of Completion method of recognizing revenue, and involves analysis of the Cost/Earnings in excess of Billings related accounts.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive base salary ranging from $58,000.00-$65,000.00
- Paid health insurance
- Self managed flexible work schedules and time off policies
- 401K plan with company match
- 3- 5 year's experience in the construction industry and compiling the work in progress schedules relating to Percentage of Completion accounting. Some experience in this is essential and can be demonstrated.
- Accounting degree – CPA a plus
- Knowledge of mechanics lien law is highly desirable and experience in the construction industry
- Strong technology skills with a particular proficiency in Microsoft excel, and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Salesforce experience helpful
- Effective communicator and comfortable working the phone several hours a day.
- Excellent organizational, research and communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team or as an individual, with minimum supervision
- Capable of working flexible hours, including some over-time during high volume periods
- A self-starter who possesses an attention to detail
- Results-driven personality to keep on top of collections and meet monthly cash receipts goals
- Ability to work with multiple offices
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Accurate reconciliation of the work in progress schedules
- Maintain project budgets in the accounting system in accordance with the Project Managers budgeted costs
- Processing of bank draw requests to financial lenders including preparation of schedules, loan documents, and accumulation and presentation of invoices and lien releases from subcontractors.
- Timely setup of new contracts for all lines of business (within 1 business day of receipt of proper documentation)
- Ensure customer invoices are processed the same day they are received from Operations
- Ensures customer payment lien waiver releases are distributed within the guidelines of the state the project is located in
- Monitor customer collections to ensure the forecasted cash projection goals are met each month (no balances beyond 60 days, with the exception of Federal rebates)
- Same-day processing of cash receipts
- Accurate reconciliation of sub-ledgers to the general ledger (with no errors and all reconciling items identified and explained)
- Timely preparation and distribution of all weekly and monthly management reports (per the reporting calendar)
- Assisting Controller in achieving 3-day close consistently
Click here to apply
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc. - 22 months ago
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc. specializes in commercial and public sector turnkey, grid-connected solar electric systems. With over 25 years...