Brookdale Senior Living
Brookdale Senior Living is the nation’s leading operator of senior housing communities with close to 650 senior living and retirement communities across the nation.
Each day, nearly 50,000 Brookdale associates serve over 67,000 residents in a variety of settings. We are a fast growing, $2.8 Billion publicly traded company, (NYSE: BKD) with over 30 years of senior housing expertise. www.brookdaleliving.com
Join Brookdale Senior Living’s Accounting Group, as a Senior Accountant!
We boast an opportunity to cross train in the Accounting Department, tuition reimbursement, an onsite fitness center that is free for our Associates, etc.
Prepares residence financial statements and assists in the role of externally reporting the financial results of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains the integrity of general ledgers.
2. Assists in compiling financial statements and other financial data for external financial reporting purposes.
3. Develops the appropriate accounting treatment for the company’s significant financial activities and transactions.
4. Identifies financial accounting opportunities and alternatives to meet company objectives.
5. Generates and presents to the executives of the company, financial analysis required for their decision making purposes.
6. Coordinates the completion of the balance sheet account analysis. Reviews monthly balance sheet and profit-and-loss statements.
7. Prepares, verifies, and controls the entering of journals to the general ledger.
8. Coordinates monthly closing and production of consolidated financial statements to guarantee timely reporting.
9. Monitors and tracks cash outflows.
10. Ensures all processes are appropriately documented and assists in the on-going documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
11. Reviews cost center and chart of account structures. Makes recommendations as to cost center/account structure that will identify the nature of expenditures to their proper area. Assists in controlling annual expenditures and streamlines the data processing support required during month-end.
12. Evaluates subsidiary journals for obvious errors and omissions and enters corrected data into the general ledger, i.e., enters monthly journal entries, executes monthly closing entries, executes month-end general ledger (by cost center and by natural account).
13. Subsidiary Schedules: Reviews supporting schedules to ensure that the company’s accounting practices are being maintained, i.e., insurance, fixed assets, amortization of prepaid; makes recommendations where applicable.
14. Responsible for correspondence with third party financial institutions and regulatory bodies.
15. Prepares audit schedules and responds to auditor requests during financial audits, SOX audits or any other audit.
16. Interacts with field personnel. Provides exceptional customer service in explaining and responding to questions regarding monthly operating activity, investigating variances, providing detail of charges and booking reclass entries.
17.Completes balance sheet account reconciliations by the established due dates. Researches and resolves reconciling items in a timely manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
-Bachelor’s degree in Accounting plus three to five years related experience.
-SOX knowledge preferred
-Public accounting experience a plus
-PeopleSoft and intermediate to advanced level Excel experience preferred
-Strong attention to detail, positive attitude and a proven ability to succeed
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Brookdale Senior Living, 6737 W. Washington Street, Milwaukee, WI 53214
How to apply for this exceptional opportunity...
Apply Online: www.brookdalecareers.com
Email: email@example.com (Include Job ID in subject line of email.)
Job ID: 71093
Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
Keywords: accountant, accounting, accounting clerk, accounting manager, accounts payable, accounts receivable, ap, ar, certified public accountant, cpa, finance, financial, ledger, senior accountant,, Big Bend, Brookfield, Brown Deer, Butler, Caledonia, Cedarburg, Colgate, Cudahy, Delafield, Elm Grove, Franklin, Franksville, Genesee Depot, Germantown, Glendale, Grafton, Greendale, Greenfield, Hales Corners, Hartland, Hubertus, Jackson, Lannon, Menomonee Falls, Mequon, Milwaukee, Mukwonago, Muskego, Nashotah, New Berlin, North Prairie, Oak Creek, Pewaukee, Racine, Richfield, Rochester, Shorewood, South Milwaukee, Sturtevant, Sussex, Thiensville, Union Grove, Vernon, Wales, Waterford, Waukesha, Wauwatosa, West Allis, West Milwaukee, Whitefish Bay
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. - 19 months ago
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...