Fully qualified accounting professional responsible for moderately complex general or cost accounting activities as well as day to day management of the general ledger process and reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Prepares and reviews a variety of financial statements such as expense analysis, trial balances, balance sheets, income statements and other related reports.
2. Performs analysis through investigation of financial data and prepares appropriate commentary or explanations for submission to management.
3. Furnishes advice on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements or classification of transactions for Balance Sheet or Income Statement presentation.
4. Provides leadership and direction to team members, rather than through a direct supervisory role.
5. May conduct banking transactions which may include trading activities.
6. Provides support to financial staff with issues related to financial reporting.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Accounting Supervisor or Manager
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Knowledge of corporate, departmental and/or specialty accounting practices, procedures and principles as they relate to the organization, business unit and industry.
2. Knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting principles.
3. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications.
4. Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
5. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff at all levels.
7. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
8. Ability to work independently.
9. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree, preferably in accounting or finance.
2. Typically a minimum of three to four years of related work experience in accounting.
Finance and Accounting
FIN CFS FR (Financial Rptg)