CRANE CO. BACKGROUND
Crane Co. is a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane provides products and solutions to customers in the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising, transportation and other markets. The Company has five business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, Merchandising Systems and Controls. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CR).
CRANE PAYMENT SOLUTIONS SUMMARY
Crane Payment Solutions is a business group within the Crane Merchandising Systems division under Crane Co. Crane Payment Solutions delivers a full suite of automated money handling systems, including bill and coin validators, bill and coin recyclers, and coin dispensing equipment aimed at the gaming, amusement, retail, self-service, transportation and vending markets. Crane Payment Solutions now offers the widest range of components for integrated payment systems available today. Crane Payment Solutions is a global business with engineering and manufacturing sites in Toronto, Canada, Salem, NH, US, Buxtehude, Germany, and Manchester, England. Additional engineering site is located in Kiev, Ukraine. The business has customers in all geographic regions with sales generated primarily through a global direct sales force.
The Senior Accountant reports directly to the Controller and is responsible for overseeing the day to day functions of the department.
- Complete Month-end close and preparation of financial statements in accordance with company policies and US GAAP
- Fixed Asset Register maintenance
- Sales Tax filings
- Financial Analysis
- Account reconciliations
- Review and code credit card purchases
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations
- Track and allocate costs associated with cross-location employees
- Invoice other Crane locations for intercompany charges
- Prepare & submit payroll to ADP
- Calculate commissions and obtain necessary approvals
- Prepare and post payroll journal entries
- Credit review for new and existing customers
- Prepare 1099 forms for vendors and file with the IRS
- Review employee expense reports
- Maintain business process narratives
- Create and maintain policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
2+ years of experience in similar role
Multi-site experience is preferred
Strong working knowledge of Excel is a must
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing demands.
Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve