This position will be heavily involved in Digital Media accounting process. The candidate will reconcile and record adjusting entries to all of the balance sheet and P&L accounts. An integral part of the finance team in ensuring completeness and accurate transactions, as well as providing the supporting details of revenues & expenses.
1. Responsible for month-end close, including general ledger entries, revenue recognition, expense accrual, AR risk analysis and reconciliations
2. Ensure appropriate analyses are timely and accurate. Communicate results to Manager and Director and respond to inquiries
3. Prepare and ensure all adjusting journal entries have adequate supporting documentation and approval prior to recording in SAP
4. Manage Footage business unit’s accounting—book the correct revenue and monthly accruals and analyze vs forecast and plan.
5. Responsible for Video on Demand billing and revenue recognition
6. Responsible for 3Net Accounting
7. Prepare work-papers and respond to inquiries from internal and external audits
8. Assist Manager in developing policies and procedures for various system administration activities within SAP
9. Assist department in compliance with documentation, flowchart and reporting processes to ensure adequate internal control is in place to adhere to SOX
10. Prepare supporting schedule to assist Management in monthly/quarterly reporting and submissions
11. Perform other special projects as required
12. Reports to Manager
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required
* 3 to 5 years of high-volume, General Accounting experience a plus with an emphasis on demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and analytical skills
* Experienced in monthly close and G/L reporting preferred
* Experience with SAP or other large ERP accounting package preferred
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to develop and maintain business relationship at all levels of the organization and with external vendors/clients
* Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing, fast paced environment. Detail oriented with strong organization skills
* Candidate should have the desire and ability to work as a team player with a sense of urgency and aspiration for accuracy
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. - 2 years ago
Discovery Communications allows viewers to go on safari without ever having to leave their couch. It is the world's #1 non-fiction...