POSITION SCOPE |
The Senior Accountant is an integral part of a fast paced, growth oriented and challenging accounting team environment. The position covers a wide range of responsibility, from monthly close responsibilities to support on various finance projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ownership of key processes of the monthly close
- Ownership of various account reconciliations, including review and guidance of staff accountant reconciliations
- A key team member of the financial reporting process, both internal and external reporting. This includes identification and creation of new reports to support senior management.
- Work on various accounting and finance projects
- Support the quarterly and annual audit process
- Identify financial opportunities for the Company such as expense savings and revenue optimization possibilities.
- Provide supervision and mentoring for staff accountant(s)
- Represent the accounting department on various inter-departmental projects
- Perform technical accounting research as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office, Excel & Word skills
- 4+ years’ experience in accounting
- Team oriented and an ability to multi-task
- Responsible & dependable – comfortable working with deadlines
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Retail or consumer products industry experience a plus
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Experience with Epicor, Great Plains or MAS500, FRX a plus
- Experience with multiple location & multiple product businesses is a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business required.
Computer Knowledge Requirements: MS Word and Excel, Epicor, Great Plains or MAS 90, FRX a plus.
Our employees enjoy a casual, yet results-oriented environment where we value creativity, teamwork and innovation. To take your first step toward joining our winning team, please apply today.
Empire Today LLC - 8 months ago