is seeking a talented professional to join the Accounting team of NRG Curtailment Solutions, (NRGCS), a division of NRG Energy, Inc., a Fortune 250 company. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting, the candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting activities for NRGCS in order to ensure that the books are closed on time, in accordance with GAAP, and without material misstatement, and assisting with SEC related filings and other reporting requirements.
Specific Responsibilities to Include:
· Perform accounting functions necessary to achieve an accurate and timely general ledger month-end close. Duties will include: recording revenue, expense and balance sheet related journal entries; analysis and adjustment of income statement and balance sheet accounts; reconciliation of general ledger accounts; analysis of financial statements; and general accounting support.
· Assist with the coordination and preparation of all internal monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, as well as reporting to the parent company for inclusion in its SEC filings. Work with financial and operational management to ensure timely and accurate financial statements and the correct reflection of GAAP in the financial statements.
· Prepare variance analysis comparing actual results to budget and forecast.
· Responsible for assisting in the preparation of the annual budget plan as well as the forecast/reforecast plans conducted throughout the year.
· Complete all ad-hoc projects and special assignments as needed.
Qualifications and Attributes:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting with at least five years of experience in general accounting and financial reporting. Working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations.
· Two or more years of Big 4 public accounting and CPA certification/MBA is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member; ability to set priorities and respond to changing demands from multiple sources.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Advanced MS Excel skills are preferred. Experience with SAP and Hyperion is preferred.
· Prior experience in the energy industry or similar commodity based business preferred.
We are committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
About the NRG Curtailment Solutions (NRGCS) group of companies:
NRGCS is division of NRG Energy, Inc., a Fortune 250 company and the largest independent electric power producer in the US. NRGCS consists of Energy Curtailment Specialists, Inc., BidURenergy, Inc., and Ace Energy, Inc.
Energy Curtailment Specialists
- 14 months ago - save job
Energy Curtailment Specialists, Inc. (ECS) is the supreme administrator of electricity demand response programs in the United States,...