Headed by Mike McCue, former CEO of Tellme, and Evan Doll, former Senior iPhone Engineer at Apple, Flipboard is inspired by the beauty and ease of print media and combined with the power of social media, helps inform, entertain and inspire people every day.
The company is based in Palo Alto, California and backed by legendary investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byer, Index Ventures and Insight Venture Partners.
Our growth has created a unique opportunity for an exceptional Senior Accountant to manage and direct the company’s day-to-day accounting functions in a high-growth international environment.
- Accounting: Oversee accounting to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s financial statements and timely close process in accordance with SEC rules and regulations.
- Systems, Processes and Controls: Develop, implement and maintain the worldwide internal financial controls consistent with Company policies and regulatory guidelines. Guide the maintenance of the Company’s financial reporting systems as the company grows.
- Reporting and Compliance: Oversee the preparation of the Company’s financial reports and analyses as required by Flipboard leadership and the Board.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable, review of the Balance Sheet, Income Statement and General Ledger. Provide monthly, quarterly and annual financial analysis presentations to management and the Board.
- Maintain financial modeling necessary to meet management reporting and analysis requirements and enhance the management reporting.
- Identify cost control and containment initiatives ensuring that the business is run in a cost effective manner.
- Manage and monitor, forecast and report on cash flow and working capital.
- Assist in special projects.
Why Join Flipboard
- 5-8 years experience in finance and accounting in a fast growth, privately held company.
- Supervisory experience managing and mentoring in an entrepreneurial environment.
- BA or BS in accounting or finance, CPA preferred.
- Must be a highly motivated individual with attention to detail.
- Should be highly structured, disciplined and organized with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills with employees at all levels
- Work effectively with external experts including attorneys, investment advisors, and risk managers.
- Build a product that millions use and love every day, transforming how people discover, browse and share media. By joining Flipboard now, our startup culture will enable you to learn and grow while shaping the product, the company, resulting in the most impactful work of your career.
- Team-up with cutting-edge thought leaders from Apple, Google, Netflix, Adobe, Ellerdale, Sony, Ning, Tellme, Microsoft, Time Inc. & Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia to help grow the world's first social magazine across multiple platforms.
- CEO, Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies (acquired by Netscape & Microsoft).
- Collaborative teams work together with strong purpose and vision. “Mock O’clock” held each week serves as a forum for team members to demo new ideas and projects.
- Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of computers, screens, tablets, and peripherals.
- Flipboard’s HQ is an open, beautifully converted art studio centrally located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto.
- Compensation including base, equity, plus generous, comprehensive benefits
Benefits & Perks:
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Vision, dental, life, and health insurance
- Unlimited “out of office time” for holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal or family needs
- Flexible hours
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Beer Fridays: casual team & friend meet-ups at Flipboard HQ
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies- you name it, we celebrate it.
- Flipboard Sports- Basketball team, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize.
- Lots of snacks- healthy and otherwise.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. It's the most popular way to catch up on the news you care about, discover amazing things from around...