POSITION SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
DEPARTMENT: FINANCE REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING
Fresh Direct is a direct-to-consumer fresh food and grocery company located in the New York City area that is revolutionizing the food industry. We offer the highest quality food at the best prices, customized by our food experts and delivered to your home. We are seeking a Senior Accountant who will help us to manage and sustain our growth. The Senior Accountant is an integral member of the organization's financial team. The position reports to the Dir of Accounting and assists, in general, with day-to-day accounting operations.
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly and year-end general ledger close process.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations including assist with bank reconciliation process.
- Responsible for preparation of general ledger journal entries.
- Managing the Use and Sales Tax accounting process.
- Managing the Fixed Asset procedure, policy and process.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Assist with sales tax and special audits as necessary.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Coordinate/conduct monthly and year-end inventory cycle counts with external auditors.
- Perform back-up for key activities of various members of the general accounting team
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Finance Manager and Director of Accounting on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
- One direct report (Staff Accountant)
- BS in accounting with a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience, CPA a plus, but not required
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- ERP system experience, SAP experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must.
- Detail oriented and deadline driven with good analytical, organization, communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employees.
- Able to present financial data in a concise, logical and useful manner
- Ability to think proactively and work in an open, team environment
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...