Who We Are:
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, Harlan Laboratories is a privately held global provider of essential pre-clinical research tools and services that enable innovative and efficient discovery and development research. We work with the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, agrochemical, chemical and food industries, as well as universities, government, and other research organizations. We have expanded through both acquisitions and organic growth, and we are known to our customers for our consistent product quality and customer service. Our focus is on providing customers with products and services to optimize the discovery and safety of new medicines and compounds.
Is Harlan Right For You?
Are you enthusiastic and high energy? Do you have a zest for making a difference? Are you passionate about delivering meaningful results and contributing to the success of an organization? Then consider a career at Harlan and together, we can achieve extraordinary outcomes.
- Perform tasks to assist US team monthly in the closing process
- Partner with key operational stakeholders (Human resource, Quality, NHP, BPS)
- prepare and process monthly manual journal entries and allocations
- identify and develop process improvements that will continually increase the accuracy and speed of the month end closing
- Work with the shared services staff, the global consolidation team, and the finance team to complete month end tasks, reporting, and reconciliations
- Review monthly financial reports and analyze key performance indicators and comparison to trends and plan
- Comply with all corporate policies and controls to ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP
- Complete assigned monthly B/S reconciliations for-North America and identify and develop process improvements that will continually increase the accuracy and speed of the month end closing
- Responsible for remitting correspondence and payments relative to company debt and intercompany loans (including performing foreign currency transactions)
- Complete annual 5500 for employee benefit plans (excluding 401K plan)
- Assist with data collection for quarterly reporting
- Assist with the annual audit
Harlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Business
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting
- Experience with JD Edwards financials or similar mainframe based financial system required
- Strong organizational skills required with ability to deal with large volume of data
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office products required