Reports to: Assistant Controller
Department : Accounting
Hitachi Consulting, the global business and IT consulting arm of Hitachi, Ltd. (NYSE: HIT), provides solutions for Fortune 2000 companies across many industries. We work with our clients to understand their needs and to enable and implement key business strategies. We deliver practical solutions to generate demand, ensure supply and help manage their enterprise effectively. Our commitment to deliver measurable results is unparalleled, as is our dedication to transfer knowledge to our clients. We inspire our clients' next success!
Basic Purpose: Will be an integral part of the Finance department and the monthly close function. Position will be required to p repare various analyses to verify that GL postings are reasonable including performing reconciliations of advanced trial balance accounts and budget to actuals analysis. Review onshore and offshore staff entries and help with preparation of the monthly financial reporting package. Aid in the compilation and review of monthly operational reports and develop ad-hoc reporting as necessary to meet management review needs. Work with the Director of Finance, Controller, and Assistant Controller on all departmental financial reporting, budgeting, SOX, external audit, and other ad-hoc projects. Will be responsible for maintaining reporting tool (HFM) and General Ledger (Oracle) chart of accounts, including cross-system mapping. Provide daily liaison support to the European, Asian, and Indian accounting operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
30% Monthly Close and General Ledger Reconciliation
• Preparation and analysis of monthly balance sheet accounts
• Review Global (offshore) accounting entries and reconciliations for reasonableness
• Work with offshore resources on account analysis and reconciliation enhancements
• Determine and record other various cost allocations
• Recording of other standard and reoccurring journal entries for close purposes
• Intangible asset account maintenance
• Accounting for Billed and Unbilled account receivable
• Intercompany invoicing and account reconciliations
• Liaison with European, Asian, and Indian accounting personnel
45% Accounting Analysis and Support
• Heavy data-mining and compilation of reports using information from various systems
• Frequently communicate with various users of financial data
• Prepare ad-hoc reporting as necessary using Excel & HFM to meet management needs
• Coordinate requests from the field for monthly accruals and P&L research
• Support senior level accounting personnel as needed
• Maintain and improve accounting processes and procedures
• Create and maintain documentation on accounting processes
• Aid in the supervision of staff accountant work
15% Financial Reporting System Maintenance
• Administrative maintenance of accounting and reporting applications (HFM)
• Work with accounting team to maintain monthly external and internal financial reports
• Work with developers and outside consultants on enhancements
• Develop ideas for improvement around the financial reporting function
10% Special Projects
• Conducts special studies and analyses and prepares ad hoc reports as requested
• Support external and internal audits
• Liaison with acquisition finance personnel to aid in transition
• Maintenance of separate accounting ledger (if necessary) for acquisition related activity
Essential Education, Skills and Environment
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting required (accounting preferred). Typically requires a minimum of two years of accounting experience with an emphasis on general ledger accounting. A combination of public accounting and industry experience is a plus. CPA is a plus. Some exposure to equity accounting and SOX is preferred. Exposure to hierarchal financial reporting systems (such as HFM) is a plus. Experience with advanced financial modeling is strongly desired. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel including Pivot table construction and formulas are a must.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Technical and comprehensive knowledge of all accounting functional areas. Thorough knowledge of US GAAP. Excellent time management, oral and written communications, decision making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills. Ability to successfully manage multiple assignments and priorities. Exposure with foreign currency transaction and inter-company account reconciliations is preferred.
Equipment and Applications
Advance skill in PCs, financial spreadsheet (MS Excel) and familiarity with G/L systems are required. Experience with Oracle is highly preferred. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including formulas and pivot tables) is a must.
Based in Dallas, TX
Hitachi Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Hitachi Consulting - 2 years ago
Hitachi Consulting, a unit of Japanese technology giant Hitachi, provides business management and information technology consulting...