Seterus, Inc. is seeking a Senior Accountant who performs operational/technical accounting, analysis, reporting and control for broad segments and/or functional process. Interprets financial/accounting policies, practices and techniques. Participates in the development and implementation of new and/or revised approaches and control procedures. Occasionally coordinates the accounting operations, analysis and reporting of less experienced professionals in a department, project or sub-process (i.e. assets, ledger, payroll, accounts payable, inter-company, revenue recognition). Resolves technical issues within department/functional area and provides specialized advice.
1. Prepares, records and evaluates financial data, performs operational accounting and prepares worksheets, statements and reports for broad areas including: product lines, division topsheet, manufacturing and development sites, countries/regions, services offerings contracts, division gross profit and expense.
2. Prepares and presents accounting analysis to management for respective areas. Provides management with financial advice related to accounting practices, provides interpretation of accounting requirements and monitors results for all supported ledgers.
3. Investigates techniques employed for maintaining the validity and reliability of operational data. Suggests and implements changes as appropriate.
4. Assumes broad technical responsibility and leadership for accounting operations of departments, projects and accounting sub-processes. Conducts technical professional studies and may lead projects and/or small teams.
5. Conducts special reviews corporate and business unit accounting policies, instructions and procedures. Develops new or revised instructions or control procedures as required.
6. Provides data to and communicates with state and local taxing authorities on sales, sales use, property, and payroll tax matters for use in financial assessments.
7. Maintains high sensitivity to control fundamentals and posture of organization.
8. Maintains audit ready status at all times. Reconciles ledger and other system account balances, ages reconciling items and performs other basic accounting control responsibilities. This should include a basic understanding of the implications of SOX/SACA requirements on specific responsibilities.
9. May provide coordination and control for mainstream accounting systems in functional area including: scheduling, requirements, change requests, education and maintenance.
10. Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
1. Collect data from various departments for transactions and reconciliation purposes including. Treasury, Investor Reporting, A/P, Operations, Information Technology)
2. Ability to analyze operational data and determine trends for reporting and forecasting.
3. Prepare journal entries based on data collected using automated functions such as import/upload processes.
4. Reconcile general ledger and bank accounts in a high volume and IT reliant environment. Develop skills to interpret Operational transactions for loan modification.
5. Prepare and maintain desktop procedures for daily and month end activities.
6. Prepare reports and provide an analysis, as assigned by management.
7. Obtain, prepare and analyze documentation for external and internal auditors.
8. Perform internal controls testing similar to Sarbanes Oxley.
9. Other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager, including but not limited to:
1. Operational accounting reconciliations and journal entries
2. Client reporting of cash management activities.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 5 years experience in equivalent accounting experience or Accounting or Business degree
- Basic knowledge in financial services operations or other industries heavily reliant upon IT for accounting (i.e. receivables, inventory etc.) due to high transaction volumes
- Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
- English: Fluent
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- At least 6 months experience in mortgage servicing experience in a finance function
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...