ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews new lease agreements to identify accounting matters and ensure proper recording of lease provisions in accordance with appropriate accounting guidance.
• Interprets lease agreement language in regards to required occupancy payments, including but not limited to base rent, CAM, real estate taxes, insurance and percentage rents.
• Assists with lease administration functions and coordinate with development, corporate accounting, legal, accounts payable and any other departments as necessary.
• Analyzes landlord billings for common area maintenance, insurance, real estate taxes and other costs to determine proper amount payable based on lease terms. Negotiates disputed billings from landlords which will include correspondence with landlords, agents and inside/outside attorneys.
• Communicates effectively with landlords to ensure compliance with lease obligations regarding occupancy costs.
• Directs and coordinates payment of monthly rents, including percentage rent.
• Reconciles various general ledger accounts monthly.
• Assists with monthly variance analysis as required at month end.
• Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare and book journal entries to the general ledger.
• Prepares or assists in preparation of schedules to be provided to the external and internal auditors.
• Performs account research and analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 control procedures, and company procedures.
• Monitors and reviews accounting and related system reports for completeness and accuracy.
• Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
• Maintains various tables and schedules required for financial disclosure including future minimum lease payments, contractual obligations, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Varies writing style to meet needs. Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values. Benefits organization through outside activities. Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives. Develops realistic action plans.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and 5-7 years related experience and/or training
• CPA license a plus
• Must have thorough understanding and experience with lease accounting standards
• Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively meet deadlines
Ignite Restaurant Group - 2 years ago
Ignite Restaurant Group is a portfolio of restaurant concepts fused together by a common commitment to provide guests with memorable,...