Invesco has earned the trust of investors around the world. With fully integrated investment capabilities that span traditional and alternative asset classes, Invesco is one of the world’s leading names in investment management for institutions and individuals worldwide. Access investment solutions available in the U.S., Canada, Continental Europe or Asia Pacific marketplaces.
Job Purpose (Job Summary)
Under minimal supervision, performs accounting and finance functions and financial reporting. Ensures that reporting meets regulatory, GAAP, and Invesco guidelines. Participates in and sometimes leads various projects within Corporate Accounting.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Prepares financial reports in accordance with GAAP, regulatory, and Invesco policies. Ensures that reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in training and providing a mentor role to new and less experienced accountants.
- Identifies internal control issues and inefficiencies and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Accounts for leases, intangibles, and operating accruals. Ensures journal entries are properly supported and prepared in accordance with GAAP principles.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations and follows up on reconciling items.
- Ensures areas of responsibility are SOX compliant. Responsible for identifying controls and maintaining documentation to reflect current procedures.
- Prepares variance analyses (budget vs. actual and actual vs. actual) and communicates findings to Financial Planning & Analysis teams and Senior Corporate Accounting Management.
- Prepares supporting schedules for annual audit reports, answers questions, and works with auditors on the annual audit.
- Performs special analyses and tasks that are complex in nature as required by Corporate Accounting Senior Management.
- Keeps abreast of current trends, accounting procedures, and financial reporting rules (SEC rules) by networking with peers, attending industry meetings/seminars, and reading professional journals.
Work Experience / Knowledge
- A minimum of 4 years of accounting experience at a public accounting or public reporting company is required.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting and financial principles and be able to apply these principles to corporate accounting.
- Must have a thorough understanding of GAAP and SEC reporting rules.
- Must have knowledge of SOX requirements.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- Must be able to research accounting literature to assist in determining proper accounting treatment for financial transactions.
- Must be able to understand impact of changes in systems or procedures on SOX controls.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a variety of individuals including subordinate personnel are required.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and be proficient in reviewing financial data.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and concentrate on detailed information.
- Must be able to manage and lead multiple projects at the same time.
- Must be able to obtain information from other departments with little assistance.
- Must be able to utilize computer equipment and software specifically spreadsheet applications.
- Must be familiar with automated accounting systems.
- The ability to cooperate in a team environment is critical.
(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- An Accounting degree is preferred.
(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Designation as a Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
- Candidacy for obtaining designation is required.
- Normal work environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and temperature.
- May be required to lift, carry, or move weights of up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent sitting and visual concentration is also required.
FLSA (US Only)
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Invesco - 8 months ago
As one of the largest independent global investment managers, Invesco Ltd. is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their...