Invesco has earned the trust of investors around the world. With fully integrated investment capabilities that span traditional and alternative asset classes, Invesco is one of the world’s leading names in investment management for institutions and individuals worldwide. Access investment solutions available in the U.S., Canada, Continental Europe or Asia Pacific marketplaces.
Job Purpose (Job Summary)
Asset and Portfolio level accounting for client real estate investments.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Develops, maintains and updates accounting records for client assets.
- Assists and/or prepares financial statements, client reporting information, consultant reports and other financial reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Supports Asst. Controller and Controller with the external audit of their respective properties and/or real estate portfolios as appropriate.
- Coordinates and manages the general accounting function concerning the accuracy and maintenance of the ledger accounts and resulting property financial statements.
- Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures as appropriate; Maintains a working relationship with portfolio and asset managers as a part of the portfolio team.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with third party property management accountants; Prepares monthly/quarterly distribution notices to clients and calculate advisory fees.
- Reconciles client working capital and tax and insurance escrow accounts monthly; Other duties as assigned.
FLSA (US Only)
Work Experience / Knowledge
- Two years related work experience; Real estate accounting background preferred but not required.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Experience with Yardi software a plus
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals including both internal and external contacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Self-motivated, organized and flexible
(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
As one of the largest independent global investment managers, Invesco Ltd. is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their...