DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTIONS The Senior Accountant - Providing financial support to the Americas region, including with an emphasis on financial reporting, new entity implantation and special projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES The Senior Accountant shall:
• Development, generation and coordination of various financial related reports
• Analysis of various financial and management reports across the Americas
• Monitoring various key performance indicators (liquidity, profitability, etc.)
• Involvement in the budget and re-forecasting process
• Support the Wood Group Kenny Financial Controller covering routine analysis and special projects
• Various special projects and initiatives, including policies and processes, new WGK reporting structure
• Assist with the MCS Americas system integration
• Monitor/support compliance of an array of financial requirements. Support other work as may be required on a time-to-time basis. This may involve studies, development work or other similar work.
The Senior Accountant shall ensure that they comply with the Company HSE Policy and Quality Management System (QMS). It should be noted that each person has a responsibility for the safety and quality aspects of the work that they undertake. Any questions or concerns relating to HSE and/or the QMS should be brought to the attention of the Project Manager or Operations Supervisor.
On assigned projects / tasks as agreed with other Financial team members, business unit and project managers and project members. From time to time interact with other MsiK corporate team members.
Create Oracle and QuickBooks customer and vendor accounts, projects, tasks, etc. Related to tracking time for revenue and expense generation.
INTERFACES External Internal
Customers and vendors Project Managers
Other Discipline Groups (as required/appropriate)
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE Degree qualified in Accounting or equivalent 4 – 7 years of experience of hands-on accounting department business processes. Training as identified during periodic appraisal and development process.
The Senior Accountant should possess:
• Broad technical understanding of accounting principles, including GAAP, IFRS, Wood Group accounting policies and other general business processes, including A/P, A/R, invoicing, etc.
• Thorough working understanding of related software tools
• Organizational and planning skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a number of priorities simultaneously
• Ability to travel
John Wood Group - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -