We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Home Office team so if you love numbers and beer, this could be the perfect position for you! The Senior Accountant is responsible for accurate and timely posting of journal entries, account reconciliations, tax filings, financial analysis and support of all Company audits.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following combination of experience and education:
Some of the essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, business, related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience, including some time in a manufacturing or retail alcohol environment.
- Experience working in a small to medium sized, privately held company.
- Experience with Great Plains and Ceridian preferred.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Posting the journal entries, monthly account reconciliations and detailed analysis of the following:
Daily Bank Reconciliations and daily cash reporting
o Debt- including setting up all amortization schedules
o Leases and lease payments
o Various Audit schedules
If this sounds like the perfect job we want to hear from you! Please send your resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to email@example.com, utilizing reference code SA1212.
- Analysis and reconciliation of various general ledger and balance sheet accounts.
- Calculates, prepares, and ensures timely payment of monthly sales, State Alcohol and BATF taxes.
- Prepares and ensure timely filing of TTB Reports for the production department.
- Reviews policies and procedures and recommends changes to improve efficiencies.
- Prepares and books monthly restaurant, trade scrip, to the general ledger.
- Prepares and supports internal/external accounting-related audits.
- Balances petty cash on a monthly basis.
- Performs monthly audits of restaurants cash and inventories on hand.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly bonuses and commissions for the brewery restaurants and sales teams.
- Completes and files various census and surveys required by the state.
- Prepares and tracks personal property taxes, tax reports, and tip reports.
- Other projects, accounting or administrative duties as requested.