Our Technical Accounting team unlocks value for the company through strategic accounting advice on today's rapidly evolving and uncertain accounting and financial reporting landscape. We focus on:
As the Technical Accounting senior accountant, you will help facilitate our business accounting leaders understanding, knowledge and application of new and existing complex accounting and financial reporting standards in a multifaceted global business environment.
While in this high-profile and exciting position, you will be on the forefront of accounting and financial reporting challenges facing today’s businesses across multiple industries and will be provided the opportunity to learn from all levels of management in one of the largest private companies in America.
- providing accounting thought leadership on complex business transactions and proposed changes in global accounting standards,
- helping our business leaders make informed and empowered decisions during complex business transactions such as acquisitions, divestitures and business restructurings,
- facilitating collaboration, knowledge sharing and economic perspectives between business units,
- creating accounting best practices and promoting innovation across our company’s finance organizations, and
- enhancing the quality of our financial and statutory reporting process globally.
Assist with research, interpretation and application of GAAP and IFRS accounting standards as it relates to accounting policies and specific business transactions such as acquisitions, divestitures, and business restructurings to ensure GAAP compliance
- Prepare and assist with the review of recurring reporting packages to include financial statements, analysis and commentary, as well as assist in the preparation of yearend GAAP financial statements
- Build and maintain a solid technical and economic knowledge base in pension and fair value accounting; prepare monthly, quarterly and annual pension-related analyses and disclosures and assist in pension accounting oversight activities
- Participate in ad hoc Technical Accounting initiatives and projects
- 3+ years of relevant accounting, research or audit experience in technical research or audit
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Organized with attention to detail and ability to multitask projects in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomous work habits with demonstrated ability to make process improvements
- Proven ability to research, analyze and understand complex accounting concepts
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- US GAAP and IFRS exposure to complex accounting areas to include fair value measurements, financial instruments, pensions/OPEB, valuation techniques
- Experience in financial reporting preparation/review
- Public accounting experience
- Experience in compliance/internal financial controls
- Strong computer skills (SharePoint, Access, Excel)
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
- May be required to work beyond 8:00 am – 4:45pm schedule, periodically.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Based in Wichita, Kan., Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America according to Forbes magazine. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining and chemicals; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; minerals; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; commodity trading and services; forest and consumer products; and ranching. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 67,000 people. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested more than $45 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures.
Koch is dedicated to professional growth and development – providing employees with educational opportunities both internally and externally.
During this tough economic time, Koch continues to succeed. In the past 10 years, Koch Industries have acquired numerous businesses and continues to grow.
Koch Industries fosters a healthy work/life balance.
As a 3-time All-American City award-winner, Wichita, the largest city in Kansas, offers its residents a quality of life that is clean, safe and full of entertainment.
Koch Industries, Inc.
Yes, 10 % of the Time