Perform various responsibilities for the accounting/finance department including journal entries, reconciliations, and financial reporting.
Prepare and review various monthly journal entries.
Prepare and review various monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
Prepare and review monthly financial statements for senior management.
Answer help desk requests from sales teams and prepare job cost transfers.
Prepare weekly check run request and review invoices for accuracy.
Prepare budget and forecast analysis.
Prepare monthly labor reports and commission calculations.
Perform various ad hoc analysis for senior management..
Support the AR and AP functions when necessary.
Review and document internal controls.
Address issues with our international offices.
Create and analyze cash flow weekly for senior management.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. in Accounting or Business required.
- CPA and/or audit firm experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of accounting work experience required.
- Prior experience with Great Plains General Ledger system preferred.
- Proficient with Excel and other computer applications.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles a plus.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to make decisions, exercise judgment, and interface effectively with all levels of staff.
- Possess strong customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems in a diplomatic manner.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
Work Environment : Typical indoor office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental conditions.
The physical activity of this position is of a sedentary nature which involves sitting most of the time. The employee may occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 10 pounds. It is necessary for the employee to be able to use their hands to operate computer equipment and communicate by talking and hearing. Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as viewing a computer screen and reviewing reports. Prolonged and intense concentration is required.