Start up manufacturing company in Brooklyn seeks Senior Accountant. Responsibilities include
- Maintain and close general ledger, and prepare monthly detail reconciliations and account analysis.
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements (P&Ls, cash flows and balance sheets), and present financial results and explanations of budget variances to management.
- Participate in timely and accurate internal and external reporting for cash, monthly/quarterly reports, analytics, narratives and statistics.
- Participate in the overall COGS review including Inventory and gross margin analysis.
- Oversee monthly revenue recognition and cost accounting, including maintenance of reconciliations, Accruals, roll-forward schedules and detailed analysis.
- Support reserve provisions by preparing analysis of accounts receivable, inventory, warranty and other relevant accounts for periodic review with senior management.
- Recommend and critically assess accounting policies, internal control procedures and system improvements. Ensure that policies and procedures are GAAP compliant, documented and followed. Document procedures and position company for compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Coordinate with auditors and ensure proper timing and accurate information is provided.
- Under direction from management and using independent judgment, performs advanced and specialize accounting assignments, usually involving complex and confidential data.
-5+ years Manufacturing accounting experience within both public and private accounting
Salary up to 120k DOE
Linium Resources - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard