The candidate will work under the direction of MakerBot's Controller to perform detailed accounting functions. Responsibilities include support of all facets of the monthly closing process, consolidation of results, and support for internal and external reporting and periodic audits. The candidate will also be responsible for helping to streamline procedures and improve internal controls.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain and close general ledger, and prepare monthly detail reconciliations and account analysis.
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements (P&Ls, cash flows and balance sheets), and present financial results and explanations of budget variances to management.
- Participate in timely and accurate internal and external reporting for cash, monthly/quarterly reports, analytics, narratives and statistics.
- Participate in the overall COGS review including Inventory and gross margin analysis.
- Oversee monthly revenue recognition and cost accounting, including maintenance of reconciliations, Accruals, roll-forward schedules and detailed analysis.
- Support reserve provisions by preparing analysis of accounts receivable, inventory, warranty and other relevant accounts for periodic review with senior management.
- Recommend and critically assess accounting policies, internal control procedures and system improvements. Ensure that policies and procedures are GAAP compliant, documented and followed. Document procedures and position company for compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Coordinate with auditors and ensure proper timing and accurate information is provided.
- Under direction from management and using independent judgment, performs advanced and specialize accounting assignments, usually involving complex and confidential data.
- Bachelor's Degree with focus in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years accounting work experience, preferably a mix of public and private industry experience with a minimum of 3 years public accounting experience.
- Active CPA certification preferred
- Thorough Comprehensive understanding of the US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, including stock-based compensation and revenue recognition
- Well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills. Able to discern alternatives and make objective recommendations and understand how to effectively work with other business groups to accomplish goals. Organization and great attention to detail. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Team player able to effectively interact with colleagues and business partners across the Company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Sage X3/SAP/Oracle ERP experience is a plus
Founded in 2009, Brooklyn-based MakerBot has grown to be a global leader in desktop 3D printing. MakerBot had 16 percent market share of all 3D printers (industrial and personal) made from 2009 to the end of 2011. In 2011, MakerBot had 21.6 percent market share. In 2012, MakerBot estimates that it now has a 25 percent market share of the 3D printer market. There are more than 15,000 MakerBot Desktop 3D Printers in use by engineers, designers, researchers, and people who just like to make things. The MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer has been named Popular Mechanics “Overall Winner” for best 3D printer and was honored as one of Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2012. In addition, MakerBot was named “Best Emerging Tech” at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show, won Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice Award, the Popular Science Product of the Year, and recently was awarded the Fast Company 2012 Innovation by Design Award as well as being named by Fast Company as “One of the World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.” And MakerBot was recently awarded a TechCrunch Crunchies Award for best hardware start-up. The company has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the Economist, Wired, The Colbert Report, Fast Company, Engadget, Make: Magazine, Rolling Stone, Time.com, IEEE Spectrum, CNN, Financial Times, NPR, Vogue Italia and many others.
Makerbot Industries - 18 months ago
What’s it like to work at MakerBot?
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, creative environment where innovation and hard...