The Senior Accountant is responsible for providing accurate and timely accounting support to various constituents, maintaining adequate internal controls, and protecting company assets.
- Prepares month-end close activities, including but not limited to journal entries, accruals, expense allocations, etc.
- Prepares sales commission calculations and reports.
- Prepares and maintains balance sheet account reconciliations and general ledger account analysis and prepares periodic review presentations for accounting management.
- Assists in preparation of monthly P&L and balance sheet reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Participates in external audit as necessary by assisting Controller in the preparation of required schedules and supplemental information, and/or responding to inquiries of external auditors during both interim and annual audit.
- Assists in various special projects as needed for the Controller or other members of management.
- Undergraduate degree and three or more years’ experience in accounting.
- Knowledge of MS Office (intermediate to advanced skills in Excel) and QuickBooks is essential.
- Knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting principles.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Possesses a high degree of drive and ability to produce results/accomplish goals in a fast-paced work environment.
- Possesses a strong work ethic, self-motivated and wants to grow and advance within the company.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical.
Modus - 8 months ago
Modus is an eDiscovery services provider. Some of the world’s largest corporations and AMLAW 200 law firms trust Modus to solve tough...