The Corporate Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day and month-end accounting processes for the state plan to which he/she is assigned, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation and entry of journal entries, including GAAP and statutory reporting entries
• Calculation of accruals/estimates
• Perform bank reconciliations and ensure proper coding of cash receipts/transfers
• Account reconciliation to identify errors in posting or coding
• Performs monthly P&L analysis with explanation for variances to budget and/or prior periods
• Account analysis including proposing required journal entries as needed
• Supports annual audit process by preparing schedules requested by auditors
State Plan / Department Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support/supporting schedules to reporting team for preparation of quarterly/annual statutory financial statements
• Ensure proper recoding of rental income and expense
• Follow up on rent collections and late charge billings
• Prepare the quarterly CAM reconciliation for tenants
• Provides information on operating costs as well as the annual budget for the properties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to work independently and multi-task, with a strong attention to detail
• Flexibility to work additional hours on an as-needed basis to meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
• Maintain regular attendance based on agreed-upon schedule
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
• Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
- 3-5 years’ experience in related field
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word
- Knowledge of networked computerized multi-company accounting systems
- Knowledge of managed health care and/or health care accounting
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online. Be sure to let us know you are a current employee by selecting “Molina Employee (current) in the source section of the online application.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package.
Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Molina Healthcare - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Navigating the murky waters of federal health care plans is no easy feat, but Molina Healthcare's mission is to help Medicaid and...