The General Accountant role is responsible for the Company’s accounting practices and the maintenance of its fiscal records and assists with the company's financial policies and processes. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the General Accountant ensures adherence to GAAP, and ensures the appropriate control environment and charts of account are maintained. This position is directly responsible for SOX and External Audit support.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Coordinate month-end closing, and consolidations, inter-company accounting and ensure integrity of monthly financial statements
- Review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Collaborate with external audit staff for quarterly and annual year end audit procedures
- Research and resolve accounting issues with financial and operations departments both domestic and international
- Support F,P,&A staff and forecast to actuals results and analysis
- Maintain GL chart of accounts and internal reporting/close schedules
- Develop, maintain and ensure ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures and SOX 404 internal control documentation
- Participate in ongoing policy and control environment development
- Oversee investment portfolio, work with investment fund manager to ensure policy compliance.
- Other projects as needed
- BA/BS in Business with concentration in Accounting
- CPA and SEC reporting experience highly desirable
- ERP / MRP systems, process and controls implementation experience desired
- 5-7 years broad-based accounting experience, with public accounting experience desired, preferably Big 4 experience
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and monthly close processes
- International accounting experience highly desirable
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- Fluent in spoken and written Mandarin is highly desirable
NeoPhotonics is a leading provider of photonic integrated circuit-based modules, components and subsystems for use in optical communications...