Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling, producing an estimated 17 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We are the No. 1 rolled products producer in Europe and South America, and the No. 2 producer in both North America and Asia.
With industry-leading assets and technology, we produce the highest-quality aluminum sheet and foil products for customers in high-value markets including automotive, transportation, packaging, construction and printing. Our customers include major brands such as Anheuser-Busch, Ball, Coca-Cola, Crown Cork & Seal, Ford, General Motors, Pactiv, Rexam,ThyssenKrupp and others.
Novelis is also the world leader in the recycling of used aluminum beverage cans. Annually, we recycle over 40 billion used beverage cans a year.
Novelis is globally positioned, operating in 11 countries with approximately 11,600 employees. The company reported revenue of $10.6 billion in its 2011 fiscal year.
This position will be the lead accountant for the Molten Metal Processing (MMP) group. This position will manage all accounting responsibilities for the group and be responsible for project cost accounting, general ledger management, SOX processes and compliance, and other special finance projects as they arise. The position will be located in Kennesaw, GA and reports directly to the Controller, Global R&D.
The MMP group is in Spokane, WA so there will be occasional travel.
• Includes preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
• Generate invoices (third party and intercompany) from monthly timesheets
• Monitor account aging and follow up on aged accounts
• Coding and processing invoices through our outsourced service provider
• Prepare month-end accruals
• Process project-specific purchase orders
• Analyze monthly financial performance (budget/forecast to actual)
• Liaise with MMP purchasing department to track metal consumption by plants (through Hebron, KY location)
• Liaise with Novelis plants and third party freight forwarders to track metal/ingot for proper invoicing
• Frequent communication with global R&D and Finance teams on emerging issues and active participation in problem resolution
• Work closely with regional and corporate finance on annual plan, monthly forecasting and related analysis
• Responsible for preparation and maintenance of SOX-related documentation for relevant processes, including maintenance of evidence to support compliance.
• Provide assistance with external and internal audit requests
• Maintain project cost updates
• Process timesheets through RDMIS
• Technical accounting (e.g., R&D and revenue recognition)
• Manage accounting for dross Inventory and processing at third party location
• Update documentation of accounting and financial reporting processes
• Identify areas for improvement and consistency
• Prepare and/or assist with special reports, as needed
• Required Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance
• 5 to 9 years of experience
• Ability to research and resolve issues with various degrees of complexity
• Previous experience with budgeting and forecasting
• Ability to learn various accounting related systems
• CPA preferred
US-Georgia-1950 Vaughn Road Kennesaw, Georgia 30144