Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of premium transportation services including ground, air, ocean, and logistics. Headquartered in Seville, Ohio, Panther has terminals in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, and is adding more as our growth continues. For more information, visit www.pantherexpedite.com . At Panther, we pride ourselves on a favorable work environment with room to grow your career within the company.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, disability and 401(k). The environment at Panther is exciting, fast-paced and full of opportunity for energetic, highly-motivated and results-driven professionals.
Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team in Seville, Ohio. This position reports directly to the Corporate Controller / Treasurer. The Senior Account will participate in general accounting activity for all of Panther’s operating units, as directed by Corporate Controller and Assistant Controller. Such responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of G/L journal entries and reconciliations as part of timely month-end closing
- Support of monthly financial & management reporting
- Fixed asset accounting and capital expenditure tracking and control
- Tax reporting and accounting
- Support of budgeting and forecasting
- Audit support
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Analyses and documentation of and process improvements in accounts receivable, accounts payable, general accounting and/or banking processes
- Other special analyses and reports, as required
- Other controllership initiatives and projects
Helpful, but not required:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year program in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 5-10+ years of experience in finance/accounting roles
- Demonstrated experience closing books on a monthly basis or financial audit experience
- Excellent logical, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong skills with MS Office Suite, particularly EXCEL
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proactive, ability to operate effectively with moderate oversight
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Panther provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug/Nicotine-free work environment. Pre-employment drug/Nicotine screening required. Must be eligible to work in this country.
- Experience at a Big 4 firm; CPA or CMA certification; experience with Sage MAS500
Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of Premium Logistics® services including ground, air, ocean, and...