The Senior Accountant has accountability for maintaining accounting functions and activities within the Accounting department including all general ledger responsibilities, disbursements & A/P, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Stock Option administration, T&E and other functions. Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
Education and Experience:
- Responsible for monthly close processes, which includes preparing and posting journal entries, reconcile accounts and fully analyze any variance. Complete and report to management within defined timelines.
- Audit and review Accounts Payable and Payroll process
- Responsible for administration of Equity Edge (company stock plan management system)
- Responsible for fixed asset tracking, accounting and reporting
- Assist in preparation of company’s annual audit
- Special projects as requested, particularly related to implementation of new processes and accounting policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 3-4 years of general
- Public company experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience desired.
- Proficiency in MS Excel & MS Word required.
- Proficiency in first or second tier ERP software (SAP, Oracle, MS) a plus.
- Proficiency in Equity Edge a plus.
- Motivated self-starter
- Must have attention to detail, accurate and organized with the ability to take initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and manage time
- Strong communication skills