This position is responsible for ensuring that the books and records of the Company are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for maintaining highly detailed analytical reports supporting month-end balances for all asset, liability and equity accounts.
This position requires unwavering commitment to embrace the company’s culture by promoting a developmental organization through the alignment of personal behaviors with the company’s managing principles and core values in the on-going pursuit of the company’s global imperatives.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Participates in continuous improvement of internal controls and oversight of financial systems.
- Supports Treasury function, including cash management and cash forecasting.
- Manages Sales and Use Tax accounting and reporting process for domestic and international locations.
- Assists in the internal and external financial and tax audit and examination processes, including assisting with the preparation of audited financial statements, footnotes and supplemental information.
- Researches and resolves customer deductions; coordinate with business partners to resolve contested items, recommend appropriate action for item handling either credit issuance or contact Customer to collect unauthorized deductions.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years’ general accounting experience required.
- Experience in a corporate accounting setting utilizing best practices and sophisticated financial systems required.
- CPA designation preferred, but not required.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills (oral and written), the ability to interact with all levels of management through the organization and the initiative to get the job done.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Effective time management skills and ability to multitask
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment.
Seventh Generation - 5 months ago
Seventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment....