The Social Science Research Council’s finance department seeks a Senior Accountant, who will have overall responsibility for the general ledger system.
The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) is an independent, nonprofit international organization devoted to the advancement of interdisciplinary research in the social sciences. It does this through a wide variety of workshops and conferences, fellowships and grants, summer training institutes, scholarly exchanges, and publications. For more information, please visit our website: www.ssrc.org.
The SSRC’s finance department seeks a Senior Accountant, who will have overall responsibility for the general ledger system. This position will report directly to the Finance Manager and will work closely with the Council’s Senior Financial Advisor.
• BA/BS degree in finance or accounting.
• Approximately five years of accounting experience in a nonprofit environment.
• Proven experience with investment accounting operations.
• Ability to take initiative and respond flexibly to changing demands.
• Very strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to work collaboratively and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
• Extensive experience with fund accounting software, such as MIP or a similar product.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Account for investment activities including equity, fixed income, mutual funds, and hedge funds.
• Coordinate (with the Finance Manager) the yearend audit, including preparation of schedules and other documents for auditors.
• Assist Finance Manager with annual tax forms.
• Coordinate the monthly general ledger closing schedule.
• Maintain fixed assets and depreciation subsidiary accounting.
• Prepare bank reconciliations.
• Monitor and reconcile pledges receivable for the President’s office.
• Prepare monthly financial statements.
• Record payroll activities and code accounts payable transactions.
• Maintain cost allocation process.
• Review transaction data for accuracy, adequateness of documentation, and conformity to the chart of accounts.
• Operate MIP accounts payable and general ledger software modules.
• Coordinate the cash forecasting process.
• Additional responsibilities and projects may be assigned as directed, depending on interest and capacity.
Terms, Salary and Benefits
Salary will be in the mid to high $50,000s. Flexible work schedules are available. Comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision, flexible work schedule, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; annual tuition and student loan reimbursement and professional development funds; outstanding pension plan and tax savings programs; generous vacation and sick leave; and more.
Social Science Research Council - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard