Execute accounting and analysis for designated accounts to provide timely and accurate financial data to management. Review the work of other team members to ensure accounting is accurate, complete, and well-documented. Prepare and compile quarterly and annual SEC filings and ensure compliance with US GAAP and SEC requirements. Perform internal control testing over designated accounts in order to verify accuracy and provide for compliance with Sarbanes Oxley. Assist in the annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors.
- SEC Reporting: Participate in the reporting process of the 10Q and 10K by preparing financial statement and MDA schedules. Partake in the SEC filing tie-out process to ensure the accuracy of the numbers reported. Meet all internal and external deadlines for SEC filings.
- Accounting & Analysis: Prepare journal entries and reconciliations to account for financial activity of designated accounts on a monthly basis. Ensure accounting is complete, accurate, GAAP-compliant and well documented. Review reconciliations prepared by Staff Accountants to confirm that the reconciliations were prepared accurately and are properly documented.
- Close Process: Analyze all designated account activity in order to provide analysis and explanation to management during close meetings. Ensure all internal deadlines surrounding the close process are met. Prepare external party financial statements on a monthly basis.
- SOX Compliance: Ensure monthly accounting, analysis and close process is compliant with internal control requirements and well-documented.
- Communication with External Auditors: Communicate with external auditors during the quarterly reviews and annual audit. Gather and provide documentation/reports requested by the auditors to ensure a timely review/audit.
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on accounting issues.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills used to analyze relevant data and identify patterns, issues and/or trends.
- Rigorous Execution: Strong attention to detail, time management and organization skills. Can balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and meet assigned deadlines.
- Teambuilding: Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management to maximize performance and efficiently meet goals.
- Trustworthy: Maintains sensitive data confidential at all times. Adheres to a high standard of core values.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting.
- 3+ years of accounting experience in a public accounting firm (Big 4).
- Certified Public Accountant
Spirit Airlines - 6 months ago
Spirit Airlines can lift the spirits of people seeking sunshine. The ultra low-cost carrier (ULCC) makes connections between major US cities...