Storm8 looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to join its finance team as a senior accountant. This senior accountant will report to the Controller and is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information and prepare accurate and timely financial reports. Additionally, this candidate is expected to possess superior Excel and analytical skills, have excellent communicative abilities with an upbeat attitude and a tremendous work ethic. Duties include, but are not exclusive to: full cycle accounts payable, account reconciliations and preparation of journal entries, cost allocations, recordkeeping, document maintenance and organization, and assisting with various ad hoc projects.
- Monthly and annual close process including preparation and entering of journal entries, adjustments, accruals, expense allocations, and account reconciliations.
- Perform day-to-day activities related to accounts payable and expense performance, including invoice processing, expense reports, corporate credit card payments, 1099 reporting, records and vendor management.
- Reconcile and maintain cash accounts
- Maintain Fixed asset and prepaid expense schedules
- Preparation of PBC support for financial statement audits and tax compliance activities (S-Corp filings, use tax, property tax)
- Assist Controller with all facets of reporting and analysis to support overall accounting cycle, implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department and ad hoc projects as needed.
Attribute and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in accounting or related field.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory; working knowledge of GAAP and internal controls. CPA or CPA candidate a plus, but not required.
- 3-5 years accounting/ experience; Prior experience as a Staff Accountant or Big 4 experience preferred.
- Sound understanding of US GAAP and general ledger/month-end processes
- Experience with Quick Books and Microsoft excel power user
- Comfortable in a fast paced, results oriented and hands on environment. Prior experience in a high growth, start-up environment.
- Fast learner, reliable, with a professional attitude.
- Highest level of integrity
- Able to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities
- Organized, detailed oriented and able to multi-task with limited supervision
- Highly motivated, self starter – able to think independently and creatively
- Passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results
- Excellent time management and follow up skills
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Founded in 2009, Storm8, Inc. is the leading developer of social games for iOS and Android, with more than 400 million total downloads to date. Storm8 is also home to three innovative brands: TeamLava, Shark Party and FireMocha. Under these brands, Storm8 has amassed a network of over 100 million devices worldwide and continues to create engaging mobile social games that span genres – from casual arcade hits Bubble Mania and Jewel Mania, to social casual games like Pet Shop Story, Restaurant Story, Bakery Story and Dragon Story, to MMORPGs like World War, iMobsters and Vampires Live, to social casino games like Slots and Bingo.
Storm8 - 20 months ago
Founded in 2009, Storm8, Inc. is the leading developer of social games for iOS and Android, with more than 400 million total...