Synacor is a newly public company looking to strengthen its finance department by hiring a Senior Accountant ! The Senior Accountant will be responsible for complex revenue and cost of sales accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resulting managerial reports and financial statements related to revenue. This position will offer broad exposure to the accounting functions within Synacor’s fast-growing company and is the perfect position for someone who wants to learn and progress to higher levels of financial leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
What you should bring to the table :
- Review all client and cost of sale vendor contracts and prepare a memorandum for each summarizing the contract and financial terms and the accounting treatment
- On a monthly basis account for all revenue and cost of sales invoices in accordance with GAAP in the GL system
- Prepare monthly revenue reporting, both internal and external (SEC)
- Works closely with the Financial Analyst to analyze monthly variances related to the budgeting and forecasting of revenue as well as assist as needed with the quarterly budgeting process.
- Develop and maintain accurate business processes for managing revenue recognition
- Prepares audit schedules and provide assistance during audits
- Contract management
- Collections for past due invoices
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
How to Apply!
- Must have 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Must have an Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience with US GAAP standards
- Broad knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Must have advanced Excel skills (Vlookup and Pivot tables)
- Must have great customer (internal & external) and vendor service personality
- Strong time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast paced environment
- Detail minded and deadline oriented
Visit our website at www.synacor.com/careers ! Click around; check out how Synacor is not your standard office - jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives! Learn how Synacor's headquarters are located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina, where taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water and enjoying our lakefront gazebo with Wi-Fi connection!
After discovering all the benefits Synacor has to offer, take the first step in making yourself a part of our Finance Team by submitting your resume!
Synacor - 21 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...