Performs professional accounting functions according to established procedures, requiring knowledge of complex accounting systems; responsible for assembly and analysis of data; works under general supervision with latitude for technical judgement.
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing trends affecting budgetary needs of various El Paso Campus departments by reviewing reports and accounting records to determine whether or not all allocated funds have been spent as originally allotted. Communicates over-expenditures to administrative staff.
- Monitors expenditures throughout the budgetary period.
- Researches discrepancies of financial information discovered during review of accounts for the purpose of reaching resolution, ensuring accuracy of data and complying to established procedures.
- Collaborate with departments in developing internal processes and controls.
Working knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Prepares budget revisions to adjust the expense budget within a fund, to budget from fund balance, to change a revenue budget, or to transfer budget between funds.
- Assist inquiring departments with any accounting and financial reports and/or issues.
- Gather, analyze and summarize data and information in order to provide accurate information for briefs, reports and correspondence, and to assist top management in developing planning strategies and efficient use of funds.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and monthly financial reports submitted to Assistant Vice President for Fiscal Affairs and Dean of Medical School.
- Assist with any financial and contract reporting requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of the El Paso Campus’s annual budget by examining budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Maintains ledgers and monitors contracts for residency salary reimbursement and consultant services.
Bachelor’s degree in job related field with major coursework in accounting plus three years’ experience in government or commercial accounting; OR a combination of education and/or experience to equal seven years.
Knowledge of MS Office suite. Experience with budget, financial reporting and procurement.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - El Paso
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
2/3 of time: Talk or hear.
Weight to be lifted or force be exerted
Lift up to 10 pounds-Under 1/3 of time
Exposure to the following environmental conditions
< 1/3 of time: Work moving mechanical parts.
Hourly Pay Range
13.94 - 21.15
Monthly Pay Range
2416.67 - 3666.67
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.